Bus-ing home...

Took bus number 176 home from JE today.

Usual bus trip anyway, bt I kinda observed something interesting today.

A old man in his 70s or 80s would take his grandson(around 7 to 8 years old) to take the bus together(I saw this old man quite a few times le). But today, the bus was unusually crowded today, so I needed to stand. When this old man and his son came up the bus, I was expecting to see someone (esp. the students) to give up their seats to them.

Apparently, no one did.

I was kinda feeling uneasy, but I had continued to observe the situation (which no one really did). One of the young people, seeing them walk near them, pretended to fall asleep immediately. What was more saddening is that no one had reminded anyone to give up their seats( I myself is guilty too). In the end, it was a man in his 40s who gave up his seat.

We are often told to be courteous and give seats to those in need. But has the courtesy campaign really achieved the results? Must people really need to wait for a "programme" to start?

I myself am feeling very guilty right now for not prompting the students to give up seats. Writing about this topic in a 报章报到 a few weeks ago has obviously nt changed my mindset internally.It is really saddening to know that this isnt the case 20 years ago (I am nt that old though, someone told me this)

He said: Around 20 years ago, when the MRT system first started, people (esp the older people) did nt know how to use to elevator. Those who knew had helped the elderly to take the step to the elevator (using the elevator for that time was new to the elderly). People helped in all kinds of ways to this new transport system.People were excited abt taking the train.

20 years later, we have forgotten to do a simple act of giving up seats. We have forgotten to treasure what we have and take what we have for granted. Why have people changed through the times? Or rather, why did we nt do these things now, although we have done it countless of times in the past?

I promise to myself that I from today on, will change and act out my mindset...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk Of Life 1

No title for the day....

Waste time...